Wednesday, April 1, 2009

ALIVE

So uncharacteristically I spent a few days completely in bed - no TV in my room so usually when I am sick i stay on the couch to watch tv in between catnaps but this time I was bedridden, totally. 28 straight hours only taking trips to the bathroom and unfortunately those were frequent - don't worry no more information will be shared in that department.
And finally last night I began to feel ALIVE again! I had a moderate meal and finally started feeling more myself than I had since Saturday night.
And it's amazing the things that go un-done when mom is sick. Don't get me wrong - I have the most incredible husband who takes care of A LOT, whether I am sick or well - but there are some things that only "momma" does. So today there was a lot of lap time - my kiddos love to sit in my lap and I hate to admit I seldom take the time to just soak that in. For days Nancy Claire has been asking what time I would be better so she could sit in my lap, so this morning she was thrilled to have some lap time, then a bath with mom completely "beauty shopping" her hair (that means it gets washed, conditioned, detangled, and brushed). And thanks to her daddy and Mimi she had some new "clothes" to wear today!
This is rambling - and I did begin with a point.....
ALIVE - that's it
So now that I feel ALIVE again I have been thinking about what being ALIVE means as a Christian - Scriptures fill my mind with "new creation" themes and of course I Corinthians 15:22 : So as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made ALIVE.
the thought of my life without Christ is really just thoughts of death - none of that death matters, just the ALIVE in CHRIST - He's the God of second chances!!! (And many many more chances in my case ;))
My life before = Death
My life after = ALIVE
And doesn't that word ALIVE just bring excitement to your heart?
Last week I lost someone that I won't say I was close to by any means, but they were related and I doubt their salvation - and it hit me as I was talking to a friend, they began their eternity and that consolation we have when we lose someone we love but we have assurance of their salvation, that they are now healed and with Jesus, well when we don't have that assurance or when we full-on know they weren't saved, the realization that their eternity in hell began - that's DEATH - but not an it's over kind of death, an ongoing, painful, separated from God and everyting you've ever loved kind of death. That thought alone has sparked a fire in me that I had been praying for - a heart for the lost. Don't think I haven't cared before, I genuinely have - but now there is this passion for others to not have that terrible pain and separation.
to be ALIVE to share ALIVE to live ALIVE

No comments: