Friday, March 27, 2009

Before you know it.....



I have a friend who's always reminding me that this time in my life will be gone before I know it - I know this is true, but so easily lose sight of it facing the day to day ordeal of just making sure everyone survives and no one "takes out" one of their siblings. Last weekend was one of those times that I know every one of us in the Nolan family will look back and remember - it was just a great weekend. Somehow we didn't have a soccer game, or a birthday party, or any function that required we be somewhere at a specific time or that we divide and conquer. One part of our time was a trip to the zoo in beautiful weather. I had taken the camera, oh so prepared to catch some moment of everyday life in a not-so-everyday-trip to the zoo. Being the extravagant parents we are (ha ha),we went through a drive-in to grab some lunch to eat at a picnic table as we entered the zoo - picturesque, can't you just see it? Well, before I had a chance to take a picture, my gerber baby child, dressed in his new polo shirt with a "J" on the chest, took a bite of his burger, and SPLAT - bright yellow mustard mixed with ketchup lands all over the front of aforementioned shirt!!!!

Oh well, there go the perfect pictures!!! But how like life is that - we may make it all look nice and pretty but eventually we end up with mustard and/or ketchup on our face (or our new white shirt ;) ).


But that day as we were coming back around to the front of the zoo, the end of our time there that day I caught a glimpse of all three of our children and it hit me - WOW, as hard as the days can be sometimes, and as often as I wonder if they'll even speak to one another kindly ever, this time when John Brady watches every move Yancey makes, wants to be just like him, and doesn't even want to go anywhere without him, those days will be gone....not to mention the days when they'll all stand together and let me take their picture by some stupid wood-carving of a bear....... --- so I'll sit back and watch them, pray for them, and cherish every peaceful, loving moment (even if it is fleeting)!



God is Good - All the Time.........

2 comments:

Amosann said...

YEah for happy times! Cherish them! Love you!

Elizabeth said...

I always love reading your blog.