Monday, March 23, 2009

It's that time again....

Yes, it's definitely spring/summer time - ya know how i can tell? Well, John Brady made his way to the water hose. The first time he did this was at our friends' house - he soaked their entire garage and three adults before he was "taken down". And once he discovered how fun that was (for him, not the rest of us), he did it several times at home. Recently, even though it was cold, he found the water hose at a friend's office - yes, you read that correctly. Thankfully they were very patient and no one got wet in the process.

So today we were all outside playing. I was on the trampoline trying to fix the net that seems to blow undone constantly - this time i have tied it so tightly I hope i never have to try to undo it! So as the wind is blowing and the net is attacking me, i hear screams and laughter. the laughter is coming from John Brady who is wielding the water hose at his screaming brother.

The scene does not get pretty from this point - I gave him permission to play with it as long as he didn't get the patio or any person wet. Have you ever heard the expression "give them an inch, they'll take a mile"? Well, this situation was a prime example. Before I knew it everyone was changing clothes and I was making an attempt to get the water shut off, which resulted in a complete meltdown, I'm running away from my terrible mommy kind of meltdown.

UUUUGGGHHHHH - I am not sure what the remedy to this situation could be - taking the hose off didn't work last year, because it took us quite a while to discover he had turned the water on on several occasions. At least then he cant soak everyone else,but the ground gets kinda mushy and I ruined several pairs of shoes. (heaven forbid!!)

You know,they say God makes extra-difficult children extra cute, and I would say it's true.......it keeps them alive!

No comments: