Friday, February 27, 2009

A new Journey, A New "Do"!!

So, for the past couple of weeks we have begun a new journey. We started having new evaluations done for John Brady and long story short we're dealing with more than what we thought. He has more issues than just his sensory disorder - it seems more neurological issues are there and are causing some behavioral issues along with some other things. So our new life consists of therapy about three times per week right now - but we're still doing evaluations and we're three weeks into it. But since for the last year I have been reading parenting books like crazy for the last year thinking I was doing something wrong and needed to figure out how to make our home less chaotic, I now have some answers and definitely some new tactics that have already seemed to help - though some of it has gotten worse before it's gotten better.

But that's not what today's post is about because this is going to be POSITIVE. ......

I have been thinking about cutting my hair for some time now - but my husband and oldest child LOVE my long hair and anytime I mentioned it really discouraged me. But with all this going on I just thought "I need something NEW". So i started looking for haircuts online and began researching Locks of Love to see if my hair would "qualify". Once I realized it did, I decided to do it. At first I thought I would wait until our new church directory pictures were taken, but that's not until mid-April and I would likely lose my nerve by then. So I talked to my hair stylist last Sunday at church and set the date for this past Wednesday. I was nothing but excited until that morning and then I got a little nervous. I have never had short hair like this as an adult, always thinking "I wish I was a short hair person" or "I wish I could wear short hair" but never thinking it looked right on me. But this time I was determined, and it would be for a great cause, so I needed to stick to my guns. I prepared my husband and surprisingly he relented fairly easily. But my mom was out of town so I didn't tell her because I knew she'd try to convince me not to cut it.

So Wednesday morning I distributed the two small children to friends' homes and took Yancey Jr with me and we went.

Becky asked me once, are you sure? are you ready? and then, hair in 12 inch ponytail, she cut it off!! It was gone! WOW!!! What had I just done?

But I had specific photos of what I wanted and trusted her completely, so when she would disagree with something I let her experience rule. and the end result........


So, so far I really like it and it's so much easier than my long hair. The time it used to take to wash, rinse, condition, rinse and brush it out I am able to wash, rinse, dry and style!!! It takes LESS time to fix this hair and I must say, it's cuter!!! And I have had one friend say: "You are officially a short hair person now". Yancey Sr likes it, well for short hair he loves it but I don't think he'd admit to too much adoration because he would always prefer that I have my hair down to my rear, but I have assured him that as soon as he does what he asks with his hairs (LOL) that I will let my grow back out! Actually the highest compliment he could pay me was by saying I didn't need to grow it out immediately. Now, I am waiting to show my mom......I did finally tell her by phone, and only after I cushioned the blow by telling her we had a wreck that same day. But that's another story too!.......

No comments: