Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Am I really that old???????

So, since last I posted I am older, and as my precious mother so eloquently put it: "Goodness, do you realize in three years you'll be 40?" (Thanks, Mommy ;)) Yes, Saturday was the big day and we had a big weekend! It was fun. Yancey Sr. had an exam (kind of like the CPA exam for accountants, but for HR professionals) in Shreveport, so we decided to make a weekend of it and stayed over by ourselves Friday night. We rationed the kids off to friends - and I'll have to transcribe a story from my precious friend who took care of John Brady because no one could do that story justice except Rebecca. By 11 AM I was child-free and headed to Shreveport for some food, shopping and quiet.
Friday afternoon we lunched with some friends who were also over for the exam, shopped, and took an afternoon siesta - well, Yancey Sr took the siesta, I organized my new purse. Then we got the phone call from Rebecca with the Poop in the Park story - definitely will have to share it at some point. Let me tell you, this story did nothing for my appetite, but since I knew we were going to my absolute favorite place in Shreveport - Olive Street Bistro - my appetite didn't really matter. We had some super fine dining and had decided we would stroll around The Boardwalk after dinner - alas, when we left it was raining. And I assume it was the rain that brought the 70 degree temps down to the 40's the next day which we weren't expecting.
But I digress.....
With our adventurous spirit, we went to Wal Mart, bought some necessary articles for the evening in the hotel room (cheesecake, coke and mouthwash), and we were back in our room by 8:45 PM. I tell you, we were CRAZY!!
Saturday we woke up, my precious man brought me some of the wonderful continental breakfast back to the room, we dressed and headed out for some more shopping. We had planned to have a nice lunch before we came home, but we were still full from breakfast and were ready to head on back.
That night we took the kiddos to my sister's house so my precious Hannah could babysit and we all went to my mom's for a nice steak dinner. Doesn't this all sound so exciting//???////
Yes, I am that old - that this was an exciting weekend for me.....sad but so true. But I can say that the adventures my sweet, loving, giving, generous friends had with my children mean that I should probably find some other sweet friends to leave them with the next time I skip town. Let's just say that my friend who loves her some sleep when she's not suffering from insomnia, well Nancy Claire kept her up more than she should have; my friend who always has interesting adventures, had some smelly adventure in the park thanks to John Brady; so basically my friend who should have had her hands full with four boys got off easy except that Yancey informed me that after they thought the parents were asleep, they went to spy on them to make sure so they could get up and play video games! Yep, looks like I should erase all of this so that I have someone to leave them with next time........

No comments: