Monday, October 27, 2008

Long time, no Blog





Goodness, it's been a while. Several milestones have passed since my last posting. The first was my 11th wedding anniversary - a wonderful night with an incredible dinner at Waterfront and coffee from Starbucks. The humor in it - our babysitter couldn't wait to get out the door as soon as we got home! I think they gave her a run for her money for those few hours.




On the 27th of September, we should have celebrated my dad's 70th birthday. It was a very hard day - i was so physically ill i had to go to bed for a while. I won't lie, it was one of the toughest days i have had yet.




Unfortunateily shortly after that, we had another "anniversary" - October 13th marked a year since my dad's death. There was a long hard week leading up to it and following it, but we have made it through and almost feel like we might be on the "other side" of grief a bit more.




We're finally feeling some cooler weather - WAAAHOOOO!!! I much prefer the cooler weather to the heat of our summer (you can always add clothes to get warm, you can only take off so much before they arrest you). Tonight we're supposed to get into the 30's which is unheard of around here in October?




This past weekend was my mom's 70th birthday and we had a great family party for that. All she wanted was to have her children, grandchildren and yes some great-grandchildren around her - so that's what we did. we even had my dear friends come out to take pictures, family portraits. But oh, am i tired from this weekend.




Last night, i had my first Heart to Home meeting - that's the mentoring program we just began at our church. WOW!!! I am so excited and filled with anticipation about this. We had a great time together - so much fun that we went over our 4-6 PM time slot by almost an hour!!! But it was worth every minute (and calorie). I'll be trying that taco soup this weekend!




Speaking of, we're one of those "weird families" that don't do halloween. I don't think you're wicked or evil because you do, it's just a decision we made years ago that we wouldn't celebrate halloween. It's hard for our families to accept because they don't get it - especially my family who grew up with the GREATEST HALLOWEEN HAUNTER of all time - my dad. Boy, there are still "infamous" stories about halloween at our house when i was younger.




So, this Friday we're going out of town for the day/evening. I am really looking forward to it. Just praying that it goes okay with the kids. John Brady has had a little cycle of being very rigid and not wanting ANY change or transition at all. Hopefully the excitement of what we are doing will be enough to help him through the transitions of the day. I am already planning out what i want to eat while i am there.




Have I mentioned that i have the most incredible friends in the world? I really do. I have friends who go above and beyond for me - they know that I love them, don't you?




hopefully soon i'll have some good pics to post from our family "christmas photo session".




Oh, I did get some new glasses - and though I tried to stay away from what people would automatically call "sarah palin glasses", somehow they have ended up being sarah palin glasses judging from the comments that have been made. Oh well, I could do worse. So, here's a picture of those glases.

No comments: