Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Washed By The Water

Well, it's been my favorite song for a couple of months now: Even when the rain falls, even when the flood starts rising, even with the storm comes, I am washed by the water.....(Needtobreathe/The Heat)
But, it's LITERAL now!! We're swimming our way through the rest of the week - not exactly the labor day weekend we had thought we'd have, but we're all okay!
Needless to say, we're tired of rain and wind and being stuck inside, but we didn't have any damage except there's a leak in our roof right over our most used bathroom. Of course, we have had Oscar through the weekend and not that I blame him but he would not go to the bathroom outside so we've been cleaning up after a dog for the last few days too. My patience has really taken a hit the last few days. And it looks like more rain is brewing out there right now too.
So, gtrying to get back to the funny antics of our home - hmmmmmmm I haven't found much funny lately, i've just been irritable. Well, I found this funny but I am sure his daddy wouldn't: Nancy Claire got some new makeup (she gave up her passy HOORAY) and there were two shades of fingernail polish, pink and deep purple - and John Brady just had to have some polish, so I told him he could do his toes, no one will see those with his socks and braces and shoes on. Well, they didn't until today when I took him to get re-casted for some new braces - I am sure the orthotist got a good laugh at a 4 year old boy with purple toenail polish! To give him some credit, he does a great job with it and doesn't make much of a mess!
Okay, on to the cleaning - my den is a wreck and I have already cleaned twice today! But my MIL is coming over to watch the two little ones so it has to at least be presentable!

No comments: