Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Rambling thoughts from someone on house-arrest

Okay, I haven't started Exodus yet!!! I have been looking at Genesis even more closely this week - so I will either just be behind or I will have a "catch up" weekend this holiday weekend since it's looking more like we'll still be house-bound.
Anyway - here are some of the things that I wrote in my journal about Genesis this week as I reviewed - it seems I got more out of reviewing this week than actually reading last week??? Not really, but maybe God just had more soil to work with this week than last as I am DESPERATE for Him in this quarantined state.
More about Abraham BELIEVING GOD - trust/complete dependence on - This type of relationship is not like a love at first sight seen in a sappy movie, it's the type of trust and dependence that only comes when you truly KNOW that other person. The knolwedge that comes from that intimate of a relationship, the knowledge that no matter what I say or do, or sometimes even think, they'll be there fore me and still love me unconditionally.

God's awesome sovereignty just jumps out at me in Genesis, like one of those stories from September 11th of how one man was taking his daugther to her first day of kindergarten, was late to work and survived the eventual disintegration of his office at the World Trade Center. God had a reason that day and today for that man to have survived. It wasn't some freak coincidence - God planned it that way.

Another thing about GEnesis that has never occurred to me before: You can't know where you're going until you know from where you've traveled. It's the very first map of any time, any family geneology and most importantly it tells us ALL whose we area, where we belong.

I also encourage you to just read the "sidelines" in The Amazing Collection book - I took down two pages just of quotes from those sidelines - some of them I pray will become my tagline in life; like: DL Moody: The voice of sin may be loud, but the voice of forgiveness is louder!!!
Joseph Newton: Belief is a truth held in the mind, faith is a fire in the heart.
Cliff Richard: The more we depend on God, the more dependable we find He is.

Okay, I have shared enough - forgive my rambling. I am desperate to be free from this time. Though the children have done so well, have not complained of itching, no fever, just tired of being at home and missing their friends (so am I!!!).

No comments: