Thursday, June 26, 2008

PRAY FOR ME

I know I am not the only mom out there who has to daily pray to get through the smallest of details that quickly turn into HUGE arguing points - so I know I can't possibly be the only mom who ever completely loses her cool on an almost daily basis. I have been working on this, andthere have been times that I have really started to do well, and I think I have found the key to what sets us (us meaning myself and Yancey Jr) off on the wrong track again and I am going to work at keeping that a consistent thing so we don't get knocked around so much.
Anyway, I say all this to ask for prayer for myself (something I have a hard time doing to be quite honest.
But there are some issues we've really been struggling with lately and I have just felt at wits end. And strangley it seems that any time I am looking someting up on Amazon, or happen to be in a Christian bookstore, heck even on the radio once they were talking about this book and how a certain number caller would win signed copy of the book from the author. Anyway, something about the title really made me chuckle - and really made me laugh when after reading some reviews and feeling led to it AGAIN, I called my friend and askedher to pick it up for me.
I've read one of Dr.Leman's books before, but I will say this one seems tailor-made for what we're struggling with now.
And I have a plan of action, and I began implementing it tonight, and there's been an open-seas rebellion. But I sat down with Yancey Jr and told him what was going on and what I was trying to change about myself to change about our family.....
I say all this not to tell you of the CRAZINESS that took over our family after daddy left for the grocery store and I began reading and trying to implement at least the bedtime routine. I'll just say this : Please pray for me!!! Pray that I have the time to read, that I am able to be consistent, and that I am consistently loving esecially as it pertains to my discipline. I want to be a mom (like ________ - I won't share her nam cuz she'd kill me but she really is the best mom I know_) but I also know that God made me unique and I can be a unique and loving mom. So pray that I stay consistent, encouraged, encouraging, and more importantly than anything else, Christ-Like.
and pray for my friends the Sherwins - it appears we have passed chicken pox on to them - which isn't too bad for their 5 year old who has already had the vaccine so it should be a mild case, but they also have a barely 6 month old baby that really doesn't need to be around it. Both parents work, so now they are trying to juggle schedules to care for both children and still maintain their employment. So please lift them up and pray for them tonight!!!
Thanks, time for bed.....
k

No comments: