Thursday, July 3, 2008

Daily Pox Inspections

Today's "Pox Inspection" revealed more than I had anticipated....this is probably the strangest case of chicken pox ever. One of them will go a whole day without having a new one, then one day they will have less than half a dozen new ones, then the next day, wham another half dozen or so. How can I tell? you may be wondering - well, they go through stages. New ones always have that "oh, that's just an ant/mosquito bite" appearance. Old ones are fading spots, kind of light a fading acne spot,etc. The next day they will look like they have a little head like a pimple and are a bit redder around the ring. That's how I can tell there are new ones and unfortunately today John Brady had several new ones. Just when I think we're going to be "leprosy free" a new one pops up - I must admit I am discouraged. It's hard, though I love my children, to be with them 24/7 for two solid weeks already. And the appearance of new pox means there's at least another 5 days or more to go before these new ones will be faded. I can tell they're ready to be AWAY from each other and me, too. They may not realize why they're irritable, but I do.
And John Brady - let's just say he's way bottled up with three weeks of no therapy with Stephanie (though we're doing it at home, spinning, etc.just doesn't cut the cake when he doesn't have other outlets), and if you've ever watched the film "Autism Everyday" on the Autism Speaks website, several of the moms talk about the cycles where the kids just don't need sleep -- well speaking from slightly outside the spectrum I can say WHOA - he's got to finally get exhausted, but he doesn't. Today he was up before 6 AM, would not take a nap and is still awake in there.....and that's been the last week at least. Right now at least he's not running in circles with the dog, getting wound up and wigging out.
I digress, back to THE POX...... I will survive, but right now I am a little STIR CRAZY.
But tomorrow I get some TIME OUT - first I am taking Yancey Jr to the movie at 11 AM, I am sure we'll grab a quick bite of lunch in the food court at the mall. Then tomorrow night I have a scheduled 3 hour date with my husband = dreams of Pieworks are in my head already. My mother in law is fully aware that we will be the WHOLE 3 HOURS before returning.
Gee, how whiny do I sound? Sorry about that, I have nothing to be whining about - I live a blessed life that is temporarily inetrrupted by leprosy, I mean chicken pox. Forgive my whiny state, it's late and I've been up since before 6 AM........

No comments: