Wednesday, July 23, 2008

An ER trip and a wakeful night....

So for the second time in six months John Brady had to take a trip to the ER! He was in his room, fell backwards and whacked his head against the metal part of his bunkbed. Within seconds there was a knot the size of a roma tomato on the back of his head. Anyway, his daddy was quick - we buckled him up and he took himto the ER. It killed me to not be with him but I am glad Yancey was the one with him because my husband has a way with "confrontation" - meaning he wasn't going to just sit in the ER and wait and wait, he made sure someone knew he had a four year old with a head injury and he needed to be seen. It was probably the quickest ER visit I've ever known about! LOL
No x-rays or anything, the doctor felt the way it was couldn't have fractured his skull or done anything serious. But we do have to do head injury precautions for 36 hours - which includes waking him and checking his pupils every 2 hours tonight. So we are piled up in the sofa-sleeper and my phone is set to go off every two hours tonight.
Hopefully I'll get a nap tomorrow!
Just when we get past THE PLAGUE, WHACK!
Oh well,he's fine beside me right now and I am going to watch some Cold Case for a while.

No comments: