Thursday, June 12, 2008

Welcome......Welcome Home....

Whew!!! Last week was a WONDERFUL Vacation - and will take me several days to talk about, but that can wait. This week we were barely in the door from Florida and we began VBS. On Sunday night/Monday morning I would easily say "If I ever plan a vacation before vacation Bible school again, just tell me to STAY HOME" - but by yesterday I wouldn't trade the experience for the world. I have had an incredible time this week.
I chose to work with 3rd graders to see what I can expect from Yancey next year - and I got so much more out of this than I imagined. I have an incredible class of kids that I have shuffled around from place to place, encouraged, discouraged (from bad behavior only I hope;)) and have had fun spending time with. Today one of my precious girls, visiting from out of town, was baptized during our Parent's Day service! It was so incredible. I told her friend who had brought her this week that she should feel so joyful because she was the one holding Jesus' hand and put her friend in touch with Him!
It has been such a great week - I am tired and my younger children are tired, but it has been worth it. Yesterday we were leaving the church and John Brady starts singing "He's got my baby sister in His hands, He's got my baby sister in His hands, He's got my baby sister in His hands, He's got the whole world in His hands" - now THAT's why we do VBS!!!!!
Okay,I have GOT to get some things done in this house before Yancey Sr gets home (esp. since he threw his back out two days ago and can't do much himself!!! pray for that!).

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I did not know you had a blog. It is really cute!