Tuesday, June 3, 2008

On the Road Again,,,,,Just can't wait to get on the road again!

First let me apologize for all the typos in my last blog! I will admit that I was already under the influence of my "nighttime sleeping aid" or I would have noticed before posting. I will spellcheck from now on!
Tomorrow is the big day! Yancey Sr. gets off of work at noon and we will be leaving for FLORIDA!!!! Pray he actually gets away from work on time - pray for our safe travel - pray for cooperative children - pray for health for all of us - just please pray that this is a wonderful vacation for our family. It has been a LONG time since we've had that - probably before Nancy Claire was even conceived!
John Brady has had several bad days lately - and his brother and sister are so fed up with it they make it worse with their reactions; but I can't blame them, by today I was ready to just GO AWAY for a while. I used to think no good mother would say that, but now I know that it is completely normal to WANT and NEED a break, especially when your kids are not acting like the perfect angels they do when they are under someone else's care!
I am tired and ready for the get away, PLUS I am ready for my first major road trip in my "new to me" car! I can honestly say that packing the vehicle was a complete pleasure today. We're pretty much done except for the ice chest and there's so much room no one will have to sit with something right under their feet! And a wonderful person lent us their two screen DVD player for John Brady and Nancy Claire (Yancey Jr. has his own). I just wish I had gotten headphones for JB and NC to plug into their movie so we could play our own music. My phone is all loaded, I've got a couple of good books, my Amazing Collection Pentateuch book, and I had to decide which Bible to take and just for space reasons (and because I am loving this translation) I decided to take my small New Century Version that I got at Lifeway for $5 during a crazy sale they had a couple of months ago.
Okay - I think that my husband is absolutely going to forbid me from even taking the computer, butI'd love to have it down there for just a few days to update and to read some emails, but it gets on his nerves when I am doing my techy-stuff (he is so technologically challenged - but he can cook!!!)
Oh, we're going to try to see some of our friends while we're down there, too - so watch out Patterson's the Nolan's, Party of Five is headed your way!!!!!
God Bless - and thanks to all who have been praying for this for us. I will admit that it is a well-deserved time away and I am praying it all goes beautifully!

No comments: