Tuesday, June 17, 2008

So,a bit about florida


Okay, now that life has "calmed down" I can share a little about our vacation. WONDERFUL trip down there until 6 hours into it we discovered Nancy Claire gets carsick. Three times between Mobile and Ft.Walton - but being the polite little girl she is she asks for a bag and then hands it back to you! Glad I was driving and not the recipient of the bag!

The trip was great,really one of our best family vacations. My mom was there, and my sister and her entire brood of children so everyone had at the very least one playmate their age and we actually had some grown-up time.

I was ooohhh so proud of my John Brady man. We had worried how he would take to the sand, but in one day he walked barefoot in the grass AND spend some time in the sand! He loved the beach and then at the pool he kept asking his dad to take him under and he was really holding his breath. Very impressive.

I was able to spend some "quiet time" on the beach, just sitting under the umbrella listening to the sound of the ocean - that was my favorite time. My second favorite time was running to Wal-Mart (yes, I am serious) ALONE to get a couple of things one of which was a really groovy airbrushed visor for my friend Misti - we had gotten into this conversation about growing up with a name spelled slightly different than everyone else and how trips to florida for an airbrushed t-shirt with our names spelled correctly really meant something to us. So I found a place and got her something airbrushed!!! It was such a fun thing to do and I rode there in the car by myself! I don't do that much, can you tell???

This week has shown me though that Yancey Jr just can't take too much time off of school - two weeks off and he is a "Rebel without a cause" to get back in the groove of things. Yesterday I was online looking for free boarding schools but i believe they call them military schools now.....seriously, he's got a week to take off the weight (okay, a week to get his disrespecting act together). But he had already shown improvement today.

It's 11:30 PM and I hear coughing down the hallway - and my husband is a little irritated by the sounds of the keyboard, so I guess it's timeto stop for the night and get some cough medicine for my baby girl.

No comments: