Thursday, June 19, 2008

Good???? Morning

I am BONE TIRED!!!! Yesterday John Brady left around lunch time to go home with my mom and play and "spend the night". I called to check on things several times and it was going well. But at 10 PM we got the call, he was past ready to come home - there was no way he was going to go to sleep and he wanted his momma.
Ever since Yancey was little, I have had the mindset that if my kids are somewhere and they want to come home,I am going to go get them. I remember as a child not understanding that when I went to stay with my grandparents I was almost an hour away from them and when I decided I wanted to go home, there was no way they could not hop in their car at 9:30-10:00 PM and come get me. But I clearly remember how I felt, so I wil always go get them. So in the car I went at 10 PM. But it's not like she lives 10 minutes down the road, she's easily 25-30 minutes away, so we pulled back into our own driveway past 11 PM. And I am tired today - but I'll get past it (with some coffee). I need to shower and get ready for our Sundae Thursday!!! We're going to a BIG playdate at a friends house to have ice cream sundaes and play for a while.
Last night was fun - I honestly had forgotten what it was like to have two instead of three children. Yancey and Nancy Claire did very well together and had so much fun.
We literally let them play outside until it was too dark to watch them. But once inside and bathed I noticed they were covered with bites! Not sure what kind of "yard bites" they got, but they were both itching by the time bath was over.
Okay, I may only have a few more moments left, so I am putting this computer down and spending some time with my Heavenly Best Friend!!!
By the way, I'm in the market for a new digital camera - I'd welcome suggestions!!!

No comments: