Monday, June 23, 2008

So, it's Chicken POX




Oh well, so much for that "doctor's" opinion!!! It's the chicken pox and we will be home-bound until all their spots have gone. There are some bright-sides to this (as several of my friends have helped me remember):


1. This is not two weeks ago when we were going out of town on vacation - we got our vacation BEFORE the chicken pox!

2. John Brady and Nancy Claire have it at the same time instead of one now and another in two weeks, thereby keeping us housebound for an entire month of the summer.

3. Chicken pox is viral and fleeting - it will be gone and I will have nothing but bad memories and pictures to remind me of this "special event" in our life. I can handle temporary!

4. This is why man invented ICE CREAM - not for me, for them (though I will take anyone soliciting starbucks or sonic cranberry limeaids).

5. Since I won't have "outside activities", I can focus on re-reading Genesis through II Kings as was my original intention for the summer.

6. I will find my "creative mom" and come up with some awesome indoor activities to keep out of the heat and our minds and bodies occupied!

So, today I will leave you with these thoughts:
1. God does give us more than we can handle without Him, but we can handle anything at all with Him!
2. Pray for your friend, Kristi and her children to not lose their minds or their lives.
3. John Brady really likes calamine lotion - surprise surprise ;))

No comments: