Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Still in Limbo.....



Not sure what's going on. I had convinced myself that I was wrong and my darling precious husband was right, but then later this evening Yancey popped up with about 20 more spots on his stomach and down one of his legs. And they're brighter red than they were and his throat is really really sore. So, i will call the pediatrician in the morning and see what he wants us to do.


On another note, I will admit that the last few days have been really low for me....it seems like when things come up about my dad they all seem to come up in a small time span. His wife wants to meet with us to discuss the headstone, something that has been in dispute since his death - or rather the plot and who owns it (whose signature is on the two plots versus who paid for it actually - and believe it or not that's two separate people and makes the issue VERY difficult to deal with). But she wants to sit down, discuss coming to a compromise on the headstone and splitting the cost. Please pray that this goes well. The biggest issue - she wants to do it the week before Father's Day which I have been dreading since, well since October 13th.


There are things that I deal with daily but then there are days when it seems to just swallow me, and today was one of those days - not only being home with three kids, one really irritable, one trying hard to pretend he's not sick because he knows if he is our vacation is canceled, and one who just can't help being "difficult". So i am praying I get OUT tomorrow evening for a little away time.


Today my sweet Jesus sent me to two very relatable passages in two separate devotionals I spent my "quiet time" on - one of them was the very uplifting but full of truth "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" and another focused on the power we actually have because of Jesus and his precious Holy Spirit. It even lead me back to a time when I wrote a prayer about what God was calling me to do and that what He wants most of me is to NOT surrender to a task or assignment, but to daily surrender to Him. My tasks and assignments may change, but He doesn't! Isn't He precious????? I Love my Lord!


So, here's a picture taken before they got worse, before he had a bath, so now there's more and they're more red and I am still just waiting to know.


No comments: