Thursday, May 29, 2008

WOO HOO NO CHICKEN POX!!!!!

Thank you my sweet precious Heavenly Father for sparing us of the pox and allowing us to take our vacation next week!!!
I will admit that I have never been so happy to be wrong about something in my entire life! It's a completely non-contagious skin condition with a really funny name - pityriasis rosea! It is often mistaken for either chicken pox or ringworm and sometimes looks like a Christmas tree on the patient's back!
Leave it to the Nolans to have something really weird.
It is accompanied by a sore throat, which Yancey has had the last few days - but it's not strep. And the bumps on Nancy Claire look like they must be some sort of bite or something.
There's no treatment for PR and it lasts anywhere from 3 weeks to 12 weeks and sometimes it may last longer, but we're gonna pray that just like my Bell's Palsy a few years ago that we defy all the odds and it doesn't last as long as normal.
So we're all good over here - we can't give anyone anything, we haven't given anyone anything, and we're going to florida next week!!!!!
And I'll have a few books to take with me to read - my two Mark Batterson books came in and I ordered a fiction book that should be in by then too.
Okay, gonna try to wind down and get to bed.

No comments: