Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Pox????????

Yep, that's what we're sitting around here asking ourselves - is it The Dreaded Chicken Pox? Late Monday afternoon I noticed a strange rash on Yancey's back. When I first looked I thought it was mosquito bites or something of that sort, but within an hour there were more, up his neck and into his hairline. I won't go into it all, just suffice to say that we did find out last night that there is someone we know who has it, so there has been "contact" - and all we can do is wait a few days and see what happens. But our vacation weekend in Florida hangs in the balance and I am stuck at home with three kids and a puppy!
I've tried to make the best of it - finger paints, sidewalk chalk, the swimming pool, the water hose, and my personal favorite - naps!
Today, we may venture out of the house and to Sonic's Happy Hour for some half priced drinks - living large!!! I may even swing by the video store and get them a "happy".
Oh well, all we can do is wait, so we might as well wait with some fun.
Okay, I need to spend some time with Jesus if I am going to make it through this fun day........He's been waiting for me since I've been up!

No comments: