Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's Tuesday

Tuesdays are normally full of running around activity, today is a little different. Yancey Jr doesn't have piano today because his teacher is in Wales, so instead of doing the piano practice thing, i ran to get a smoothie AFTER i had been on the treadmill. Just pray I keep this up.
Lunch is in the oven, it will be naptime in another hour, schooltime for Yancey, working time for me, and at some point i need to shower since i had that little jog on the treadmill and i smell. I am quite sure the people in our Tuesday Night Bible Study would appreciate it if I came a little less malodorous.
I fearfully re-entered the Facebook world yesterday - after being absent for a while due to that terrible virus that almost took my computer down, I had been hounded by several people and really missed feeling connected to everyone's ins and outs of daily life. It's amazing what technology has done. And to reconnect with some old high school and college friends! It's amazing. Some of us are inundated with children and married and family life, while others are just starting or about to begin....aaahhhh but it makes you reflect on those times in your own life. One of my friends from college just had her first child three weeks ago - and I can remember that time, lots of interrupted sleep, though it was more sleep than I get these days, but so much of it was either with a child right beside me making small noises or asleep right under my chin on my chest. Aahhhh I do miss those moments - enter one coming in the door needing a Band-Aid...... Off to be Dr. Nolan and Chef Nolan and Engineer (changing batteries) and obviously a sleep therapist for two of them......and now it looks like Mr. Potato Head needs new batteries too------
gotta run, now the dog's on the run........

No comments: