Thursday, July 10, 2008

We've moved on from pox

and are now in "staph infection" mode. Oh well, "This Too Shall Pass". It will be SO nice to have a virus/bacteria free family that can actually interact with others. They start antibiotics orally today (started topical yesterday) and if they are still getting new spots by the weekend we'll move to IV antibiotics (don't tell them that though). But hopefully this oral will work and we'll be free and clear by next week. There are some bad staph infections going around, though, so please pray that theirs clears up easily.
I've been reading about Peace the last few days and came across a verse today that spoke to me, and to a few of my friends who needed to hear it too. It's from The Message translation and it's Psalm 13:5-6: I've thrown myself headlong into your arms - I'm celebrating your rescue. I am singing at the top of my lungs, I am so full of answered prayers.
I love it because it shows how we're supposed to shift our focus when we're in our little pits - run into His arms and then recognize/remember all the things He has done for you and fill your voice with Praise for all the ANSWERED PRAYERS and BLESSINGS. The easiest way out of your darkness is to remember all your Light!
Isnt' He precious?
Sometimes I wonder how anything about life in this house could be Peaceful when there is such a chaos in our daily life - but God promises us Peace like a River, not a dull pond. And since we all have sort of adventurous nature in us somewhere, He'll give us a little rapids ride when we need it!
Okay, time to get dressed to go get those antibiotics!!! Pray for their tummies to handle the antibiotic, no new spots, and DECONTAMINATION FOR THE NOLANS!!!!!
While you're at it, lift up a little prayer for Peace Like A River for yourself, too!! If you're not praying for yourself, who is?

No comments: